What Nintendo game are you currently playing PtII?

Everything Ninty!!

Moderator: Heroine of the Dragon

Booyakasha
Supermod

Re: What Nintendo game are you currently playing PtII?

Post by Booyakasha » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:44 pm

^I just remembered it being the 'GI JOE' theme. Real American Hero, yeah. I actually remember changing the town theme from the original to GI JOE. Yappapa yappapa was a surprise. I must have been really really drunk, because I remember that not at all.
the eternal sneaky wriggler, twistier than god's own corkscrew, sharp as split lightning

Booyakasha
Supermod

Post by Booyakasha » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:17 pm

'Animal Crossing' has real pretty music, doesn't it. "8 AM " and "2 PM" are particularly nice. (I mean, I prefer 'Viva Pinata's music across the board, it being fully orchestrated and all, but 'Animal Crossing's biz is perfectly fine.)
the eternal sneaky wriggler, twistier than god's own corkscrew, sharp as split lightning

Heroine of the Dragon
Administrator

Post by Heroine of the Dragon » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:57 pm

I forgot most of what I'm supposed to do in ACNL... it's like having a new game all over again but with most of the tedious work completed/ ;) :D
She lives in the clouds and talks to the birds...

Happiest faerie of VGF.

Heroine of the Dragon
Administrator

Post by Heroine of the Dragon » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:23 pm

Still enjoying Animal Crossing New Leaf... and I had a koala move in to the town!! :D
She lives in the clouds and talks to the birds...

Happiest faerie of VGF.

I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

Post by I REALLY HATE POKEMON! » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:53 pm

I was playing NES Donkey Kong for a few minutes. Kinda neat.
Last edited by I REALLY HATE POKEMON! on Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I am nobody

Post by I am nobody » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:03 pm

Inazuma Eleven on DS. It's actually a pretty alright soccer game, especially for one on a handheld, but it really wants to be an RPG and it's less alright at that. But I'm playing it for language practice, so that's good enough.

I'm getting really tempted by the Caligula Effect remake that's coming out in a week, which I think is largely down to the fact that it's been two years since P5 and it's deliberately reminding me of P3P. It isn't actually any good by most accounts, though, so I may have to go without until the Trails of Cold Steel port at the end of the month.

Calamity Panfan
Location: if a lot of people love each other the world would be a better place to live

Post by Calamity Panfan » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:59 am

I'm playing Tetris 99. There are so many other games for Switch that I've spent money on that I feel like I should be playing, but when I've got my Switch and I'm connected to the Internet, I can't bring myself to play anything else. It's such a simple addicting game.

I'm also playing through Kirby's Adventure again via the Switch NES games and might play through StarTropics again once that update hits.

DarkZero

Post by DarkZero » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:34 am

Currently playing Yooka-Laylee on Switch (which i had to buy despite being a backer, since the Wii U version was cancelled, they gave me a Steam code instead but my computer can't run **** so... yeah I waited until it was on sale and bought it in the eShop.)

All that aside, I'm having a fun, if interesting, time with the game. I am DEFINITELY going to want to review this when I'm done.
Join the VGF Discord server! https://discord.gg/pbSDTAZ

steeze

Post by steeze » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:54 am

Haven't picked up my switch in a while. No games really jumping at me.

I am nobody

Post by I am nobody » Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:01 pm

I'm 5 badges into White 2. I'd just like to say that whoever added an organized list of every English line of dialogue by a unique character to Bulbapedia is an absolute hero and I love them. The localization isn't an exact translation,obviously, but having that as a backup when I'm not sure about something is amazing. All the other games had this as well, but I forgot to give the Bulbapedia editors credit for how helpful they are.

Pokemon is secretly one of the best learning tools if you're working on any of its localizations, especially after Game Freak allowed you to play in any language from Gen VI onwards. Really can't be said enough.

smol Kat

Post by smol Kat » Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:24 pm

Oh, yeah, I love that they added that. I did German Emerald back in the day but needed a unique rom for it.
we built our house of cards
but it feels like it's still ours...

I am nobody

Post by I am nobody » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:33 pm

Fire Emblem: Three Houses. Also picked Etrian Odyssey Nexus back up because I got an exercise bike and it's great to play while using that.

Marilink
Supermod

Post by Marilink » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:55 pm

How is FE3H? I’m seeing positive reactions.

I’ve been playing Mario Maker 2 and still plugging away on Collection of Mana. I’m playing Secret of Mana now, and, uh, I don’t.........I don’t think that game has aged particularly well.

I also just bought Shovel Knight again so I can unplug my Wii U, and I finally got going in Cadence of Hyrule.

Oh yeah, and I need to finish my FFV run at some point...

I am nobody

Post by I am nobody » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:02 pm

It's fun, but also rather shallow so far. The school thing goes for some weird mix of Persona/Cold Steel and stat raising games without really developing the elements it took from any of them. It's all pretty transparently just menu interactions moving numbers up without any real strategy or thought involved. The writing is nowhere near as terrible as in Fates, but it still isn't good.

Combat is really weird because they give you a preview of enemy actions AND a limited use rewind on top of unlimited grinding and a rather easy game to begin with. It may get harder, but you'd never guess this was from the same series as Conquest from the difficulty.

smol Kat

Post by smol Kat » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:50 pm

I haven't started 3h yet because when squeege was out of town over the weekend he TOOK THE SWITCH but I watched s1x a bit. I kinda want to finish the AA trilogy first as I never finished the third one.

I've totally written off finishing FFV this year for a lot of reasons.
we built our house of cards
but it feels like it's still ours...

I am nobody

Post by I am nobody » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:18 am

The Cold Steel similarities are more prevalent than I thought at first. The Persona influence is honestly almost entirely transitive from that series also being an influence for CS. Could all be coincidence, but the overarching CS franchise (Kiseki) is way bigger in Japan than it is here, so wouldn't be surprised if that was actually a reference for them.

11 hours in, I'm surprised to say that the writing has actually become somewhat competent? They're leaning really hard on dark backstories to cover for the fact that they still can't create believable dialogue and that a lot of the characters are extremely one-note, but they're more or less getting away with it so far. I'm interested in where a few threads are going and I'm laughing with them more often than not. While that's not exactly high praise, they're at least moving in the right direction.

Combat is still really derpy, though. I'd almost recommend starting on Nightmare if you've played games like this before.

Marilink
Supermod

Post by Marilink » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:13 am

I think you underestimate how laughably bad I am at strategy games, Ian

I cracked and bought it. Really enjoying it so far.

I am nobody

Post by I am nobody » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:04 am

White 2 is possibly my favorite Pokemon game now, and the strength of its dex (which may just mean the Gen II and III representation for me >_<) has me tempted to try and properly complete the full Pokedex now. I've got access to every relevant game besides FR/LG now, and I think that's good enough to do it.

The irony of only deciding to do this after the next game is confirmed to make some of my collection worthless isn't lost on me, but my Flygon needs 800 friends.

Return to “Nintendo Main”