What PC Game Are You Currently Playing?

Moderator: Jere

е и ժ е я
Supermod
Location: Enough. My tilde has tired and shall take its leave of you.

Re: What PC Game Are You Currently Playing?

Post by е и ժ е я » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:57 pm

I just finished the main quest line in Fallout 4 for the second time after dicking around and exceeding level 70. I love the early game, and exploring is great when the world's still fresh. Those later levels can really feel like going through the motions, though. Clunky motions.
I muttered 'light as a board, stiff as a feather' for 2 days straight and now I've ascended, ;aughing at olympus and zeus is crying

Shane
Administrator

Post by Shane » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:04 pm

Age of Mythology: Extended Edition. I suppose I should actually play some of these thousand new games I have in my backlog instead of a bunch of remakes, but I have always liked the Age series.
Competition is a good thing. It's a chance to crush people.

I am nobody

Post by I am nobody » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:15 pm

Sunless Skies and Wargroove just came out, so I'm planning to spend some time with those. Got a million other games I'm jumping between as well.

е и ժ е я
Supermod
Location: Enough. My tilde has tired and shall take its leave of you.

Post by е и ժ е я » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:47 am

Not playing currently, but infrequently going back to Rain World and replaying the 'Hunter' mode. It's really something special, even though it's so punishing at times.
I muttered 'light as a board, stiff as a feather' for 2 days straight and now I've ascended, ;aughing at olympus and zeus is crying

Lord_Zack
Location: Earth, Solar System, Orion Arm, the Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Lord_Zack » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:51 am

I am currently playing Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri, or more specifically Alien Crossfire. This game is one I can revisit again and again and again. Even though I usually stick to the Huge Map of Planet for most of my playthroughs I never get bored.

I am nobody

Post by I am nobody » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:40 pm

I'd never played an Anno game before, but I tried the beta for 1800 and haven't done much else since. Something about the blend of a city builder and an RTS is really grabbing me.

steeze

Post by steeze » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:56 pm

Wow. Posting this from my first PC build and I am straight up in love / overwhelmed with the amount of games I'm able to play now. Post three of your favorite games on PC! I'll most likely play some of them. I also don't know how I've been using my work keyboard and mouse because this is so much more comfortable.

I am nobody

Post by I am nobody » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:13 pm

With nothing to go on other than that you presumably liked P5, I'd suggest Cherry Tree High Comedy Club, which is basically the overworld gameplay of Persona but about making a comedy club, Heartbeart, which is a lot SMT, a bit Pokemon, and one of my top games of last year, and The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel, which actually came out on Sony systems first, but it's the closest any other dev has come to making a Persona competitor and it got way more recognition on PC for some reason. It also carries saves over between games (the third one is out this summer), which is still novel in a JRPG.

That's also me dodging the question on my three favorite (presumably exclusive) PC games, because that's too hard. If you just want three that are really good with no attempt to tailor them for you, osu! is a reimplentation of Elite Beat Agents, Taiko no Tatsujin, and some other rhythm formats that's absolutely brilliant and also probably has the highest skill ceiling of any game I've played. Slay the Spire is a deckbuilding roguelite that takes a simple idea and gives it enough depth to still be compelling after a hundred hours. Finding Paradise is the sequel to To The Moon, and also a game about accepting death and the choices we've made. It's one of the best-written games you'll ever play, and I still don't understand why it isn't as well known as TtM.

Return to “Computer Gaming & Tech”